Saturday, October 15, 2011

Going boot to boot, cheek to cheek

And the more interesting news is….
Well, with the popularity of the Footloose re-release (its front page news, don't you know), I managed to finagle my way into the 10:40 show, scootering very very fast up to 32nd Street with Yahtzee in tow, cutting line to order popcorn and rushing into Theater 9 forty minutes before the show started. The cleaning crews were just finishing from prior show so I busted through the door and got the perfect center seats and waited.

10 minutes go by, nobody else comes into theater.


Another 10, a few couples, small groups of girls, stragglers..


Another 10 minutes, and we were a group of about 20 in the 100 seat auditorium.


The previews started and none were related to Footloose so I drew the conclusion we must be in the wrong theater, wrong show. It just doesn't add up, first night Footloose is out, only 20 guests. the previews - just as I was going to blame Yahtzee for misguiding me, the old familiar Footloose song kicks in…


"So how was it?", you ask.  I don't want to give too much away. I thought that Ariel was a little miscast, but Ren was not bad - but also not as good as Kev.  The movie was of course beefed up for today's day and age and to be honest, it made me miss old school everything a little - and the dancing. Deffo could of had more dancing. Also Willard was great…again. 


I am now inspired to watch the original again…


keep it footloose and fancy free ya'll

 

1 comment:

  1. Dasha and Yahtzee are just the COOLEST EVER.
    the tallboy thinks this.

    ReplyDelete