Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meep Meep

When we met i called him Photon because he was always back and forth between US and Europe, always a step ahead of me in just about everything, not to mention running circles around me where grad classes were concerned.

Well, he has slowed down a little since then but this past Sunday, for one hour and 53 minutes and 45 seconds, he was the Photon once again. Yes, Yahtzee beat his previous year's record at the Pittsburgh Half by about 4 minutes, which is everything in running time.  I think the turbo boost is part due to my words of encouragement before the race and with the texts I sent throughout.  No matter, he is quite pleased with himself - running around the house saying Meep Meep as if he is the roadrunner for past week.
He did not run this race alone. My brother has been running the race for several years now without fail (whereas me and Yahtz have been more sporadic) and also training more religiously. Bro is an old pro, and this year, even amidst his wedding planning, new homeownership and new job (yes, all three of the 'biggies' in 6 month time span) - he managed to keep on schedule and run a good race - coming in at 2:01:57

I am very proud of you both - Meep Meep. I may just get back on track next year myself, very inspired by this Hawaii 5-0 duo xxx

After the race…

Gatorade addict
digging the headband


Later that night, my niece drew a sweet picture for Yahtzee and even wrote his name out perfectly backward, it the the sweetest thing.


Running any race for any length of time is very admirable
Congratulations to both Bro and Yahtzee



 

1 comment:

  1. well... I expected nothing less from somebody who trains on both sides of the pond!

    Well done, JT!

    Luv ya
    Bri

    ReplyDelete