Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Dress

All the talk about "The Dress" over the last weeks - and for what? In my opinion, it was flat. 


Yes, it was a royal wedding and no, I didn't expect Kate should wear a Lady GaGa-esque design, but isn't there such a thing as too safe even for an occasion such as this?  And this was also not reminiscent of Alexander McQueen - no trend, no edge, nothing controversial or risky...there was no statement to be made. 


If I were marrying into the royal family,  I would likely choose something also elegant but with more dramatic touches than an interesting neckline (the best feature of Kate's dress actually).  I would certainly choose something more fashion forward - its a pivotal moment in fashion history so I would step up to the challenge. 


Royal fashion disappointment aside, thank you Prince Simon and Princess Caroline for the wonderful gala to honor the wedding of Kate & William. I am pretty sure you are wondering who invited this Yank anyway.  I do apologize for not knowing the difference between the Queen and the Queen Mom, drinking too much and insisting jelly does not belong in whatever that dodgy pudding" was....and of course not saying a word about MY dress - fancy hat with cowboy boots and a jean jacket :-)


Long live the Queen







Price Simon and Dinner

Princess Caroline and Lordship

2 comments:

  1. Long live Queenie! lol I'm so glad to see your "science project hat" in light of the Royal Wedding. I still think that people talk more about your fashion than the Duchess anyway! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Flat" it was indeed. While I like simple and elegant designs, I thought the upper part didn't do anything for her... she just looked flat.
    Then again I had princess Victoria (from last year)in mind when I watched it, and she looked gorgeous!!!
    bxx

    ReplyDelete