Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This guy Breedlove.


I started playing guitar on August 28th.
Inspired by many, it was this guy who finally got me to take the plunge.

Since I started, I have been playing with this guy's guitar.  He has been playing for a few years and since he moved on to electric - was happy to lend me his acoustic.

And it was this guy who has motivated me from the point of inspiration, to the point of frustration, to the point of hope and now to the point of buying my first guitar...my very own Breedlove.

Now in the spirit of being fashionable, I was initially checking out all the colorful guitars in the joint. I really wanted red or yellow, but also saw a nice aubergine Ibanez that caught my fancy.  Lucky Adam came with with and taught me that things like tone, craftsmanship, string type, having a very cool hard case that makes me look like a real musician and size do matter.

And I can tell you, its been nothing but Breedlove love since I brought'er home.  I just love this guy.

Be on the lookout for my video short soon - I am playing already covers from Poison and Extreme, and eyeing up the Death Cab for Cutie song "i will follow you into the dark"



....PS - let me not forget this guy, who has had to be my audience day in and out. 

1 comment:

  1. She's a beaut,Dasha. Cant wait for the video of your songs! Keep on strummin'...

    ReplyDelete