Monday, October 11, 2010

Dasha Hangs: Up Wallpaper, with Friends and onto Stella

It was a gorgeous fall weekend in NYC. Me and Yahtzee found a nice balance between relaxing, running a few errands and just hanging around.

One goal by the end of the year is to decorate at least one room in our flat - & what better place to start than the bedroom. This effort started last weekend when superhero friends Silvestro and Lola helped to hang the headboard. That was a fun learning experience, really guys - true, I still thought it best to get hired help to hang the wallpaper.

Before Awesome Wallpaper Hanger visited

So what do you think?
After Awesome Wallpaper Hanger Visited
I love the purples - inspired by my sister's bedroom.   The blinds come in a few weeks.  While it was a very liberating year running around in my geburtie suit as I pleased, that changed when I noticed a man in another flat across the courtyard standing at the window... in his geburtie suit..with binoculars...looking my way....

Needless to say, SEMI-private blinds are not only IN order, they are ON order.

We also hosted a cocktail party for our expecting friends Monica and Francisco. We decided not to go the traditional route and for the most part it was a pretty classy affair - wine, cheese, cake, music.
Me and Manolo's mom
I have to admit though, one highlight for me was when this Guy (at the request of Dasha mind you...) opened a PBR with a knife and drank it in something like 4 seconds.  I need to find a party trick too.  
PBR Party Trick Guy
The Crowd
We ended the weekend with a leisurely Sunday afternoon, riding around the city on the Stella and even finding time to sit in Washington Square Park for a bit. We had lots of looks and interestingly, a fair amount of pictures taken of us. 

Now you might think it was because I was the driver and Yahtz the passenger...
but I know it was because Yahtzie just looked so darn adorable
Yahtz looking hot with Stella
Stella and hot husband make my Sundays


No comments:

Post a Comment