Monday, September 5, 2011

Postcard to Dene

Karlsruhe, May 2003
Hi Dene,


I was thinking of you today and the long summer days we used to spend at the Scholossgarden in Karlsruhe, playing frisbee and football, reading, talking and laying on blankets in the grass. You were always great about bringing us all together.  We were really carefree those days, weren't we?  Anyway, things are going ok I guess. There are days I sure miss you. It would be really nice to sit and talk together,  I could always count on you, Dene.  I never met someone who so actively listened and never judged me.  I hope I have told you more than once how much I appreciate your friendship! And I hope I was as good a friend to you.  You know, the funniest things remind me of you, like seeing a passing train, ordering a Macchiato, a Pink song on the radio, or white Cargo pants. Not long ago I sat next to a girl on a plane and she was just about your size, curly hair and wearing a baseball cap. I really cried to see her, I wanted so badly to be sitting there next to you. I slowly realize though that you are always with me in my heart.  I don't have to think too hard to remember your bright smile, or something you might say or do…


So I just wanted to send you a little note to remind you that no matter the distance between us, you are so special to me and never far from my thoughts.


Still, I wish you were here.


Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment