Monday, September 26, 2011

Tagtraumen

Today was my first day back in the office and I found myself doing a little day dreaming of the time I spent in Europe. While my German could use a little auffrischen, I am finding that I am a bit bolder with my conversations so I can talk to my in-laws a little more. I think after all this time I am learning that I don't always have to say it perfect, they love me all the same.




And my love for Flammkuchen has not wavered, I still like going to Stoevchen just the same as when I lived there, especially to now meet this guy! I know whenever I return to Karlsruhe I still have a home.



And we went to a wonderful wedding of a good friend of ours. It was in Kiedrich at an old church called Michaelskapelle, and the reception was at Schloss Johannesburg in the most grand room. Both are in the Rheingau where Yahtzee grew up. We were reminded just how beautiful this region is with its rolling hills, vineyards, greenery everywhere… 


And this couple was absolutely gorgeous too and fit right in to the surroundings. Love was all around this day.




it was also fun to catch up with other friends, especially when you are finding Steelers fans in all pockets of the world!  


Oh and let's not forget the Octoberfest fun. It was the first time that me and Yahtzee went together.  We were very honored to meet Yahtzee's best friend there and the love of his life, who is a wahrer diamond. 


Singing, drinking, talking and carrying on for several hours felt wunderbar.








Auf Wiedersehen, Deutschland.
Muss ich denn, muss ich denn, zum staeeele hinaus.





1 comment:

  1. My favorite line, "Singing, drinking, talking and carrying on for several hours felt wunderbar." I love Yahtzee's hat the best!

    ReplyDelete