Monday, June 14, 2010

A Proud (and broke) Yankee


World Cup is upon us and I was in two camps this weekend. Saturday we found ourselves in Soho for the US game. I treasure this picture in the bar because I am pretty sure this is when my wallet was stolen from my handbag by an England fan.  I am typically a fan of having a clear winner but I will take the 1:1 tie (and my wallet back too, please)













Then there was the Sunday German - Australia game. To support all the Deutsch-fans in the group I went "amerikanische madchen" to a   fantastic outdoor Bohemian beer garden in Astoria. I was asked by one random person if I was the honorary dyslexic German of the group as my "flag colors" are out of order. So next time I will wear the headband around my chest and the t-shirt around my head.


Was-ever, my allegiance is deffo with the stars and stripes come next Friday.


See us in play!  






and still more fun 
@ Zum Schneider after the game







No comments:

Post a Comment