Sunday, July 4, 2010

Big Sky on Fourth of July



We have been spending time in Whitefish, Montana with our friends Jason and Joyce, who were just married yesterday. Jason and Joyce are outdoor adventurers so the location was very fitting. They had almost 80 friends and family gather together for the occasion and we met some very lovely people in the course of the extravaganza.  It was a rainy day but actually stopped raining for one hour in the afternoon, exactly at the time the wedding was scheduled.  I think there are only blue skies ahead for these two.  The wedding also gave me an opportunity to debut my new hat, which by the looks of the picture, has possessed me (and my boobs).


Me and Yahtzee have found lots of time to relax here and make time for recreational activities. I finished Peter Camenzind by Herman Hesse too, which I think is an earlier novel. I appreciate Hesse as a writer and interestingly, I relate to his characters. I really liked Hesse's poetic relationship and description of clouds, "And as the clouds are suspended faintheartedly and longingly and stubbornly between heaven and earth, the souls of men are suspended faintheartedly and longingly and stubbornly between time and eternity".
And for the adventures - here are some pictures of us zipping at Big Mountain.

And we found time to also play pool, dampfbad, sauna and jacuzzi, dance with cowboys and eat roadside cherries.




Enjoying a coffee and blogging break now at
Montana Coffee Traders
(this place deserves a blog of its own!)
then off to see the glacier in Glacier National Park.


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Dasha's hat was quite a hit - in picture sets from other friends, there were furtive snaps of the head-topping sensation.

    ReplyDelete