Monday, July 19, 2010

"Smile, breathe and go slowly" - this was the mantra to kick off my zen-like weekend.

Well, things did start off pretty good.  Saturday morning we had a neighborly breakfast with my favorite Yinzer in the Apple. We sorely needed to catch up and what better way to do so than over eggs, bacon and a 9th street bean.  Oh, and blueberries.
In the afternoon we did some leisurely antiquing and fleas.   On a funny note, Y snapped this photo at the Fort Greene flea market because we found this rather amusing - if not perverse.  Were we the only ones see the irony here?
After a rush Wiener Schnitzel job at Loreley in Williamsburg we arrived home to greet a few friends that we had asked to stop by for a cozy rooftop get-together at Urban Disco.  This is when it all started to go array. I am beginning to wonder if Dasha knows the meaning of zen-like at all.

We chatted with friends and new significant others of friends as expected, but then somehow the evening took on a life of its own.  Lets just say lemoncillo,  party crashing, qi chong, Das Dusch and opera singing ensued.  Amusingly, the evening is all on record thanks to Dabby's video experiment, but that will not be public to my blog followers....(with the exception of the lovely Mountaineer singing Johanna for us).





 


But Sunday is a good day for rebounding back into shape, right? 

...sounds good in theory, but then how do you find your dream Vespa, read your new book, workout, continue writing on your manuscript (more ideas abound), dine with husband and go wall climbing?  


btw this was not my dream Vespa


            Wall at Brooklyn Boulders


Yes, this is a typewriter.  A 1950s Olympia! Grandma Opal would be proud.

Moral of weekend experience:
I am not a zen monk.
I can smile. I can breathe. But I do not do slowly.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that I laughed out loud when i read "go slowly" at the end of your first sentence. Coming to my mind are a few memories of holding a conversation with Dasha while struggling to maintain my three steps behind her, both literally and figuratively. Your ZEST for life is unparalleled! Zest suits you better than zen. Let it be. :)

    ReplyDelete