Friday, December 3, 2010

Giving Thanks

The Pellarin Six
The Compound was very hopping this past weekend - my parents had lots of guests in addition to the Hays', including these cute kiddos and my sister from the Netherlands.  At Thanksgiving we really make the time to sit and talk together and remind one another what we are thankful for. And with so much love and laughter at the Compound this year, it made for a great atmosphere and a very memorable thanksgiving.

One thing I especially look forward to is Dad's dinner Blessing before we eat so much delicious food. I always had fond memories of Grandpa Ted saying blessings - and can feel his presence in hearing my dad say Grace.  


Britta & Dad
My sister-in-law and niece are forging a special relationship and I think it all started with last years advent calendar.  Someone knows all the tricks and needs to teach them to Tante!
New plate set for a princess, directly from Germany

My nephew was busy exploring the worlds beauty while the rest of us slaved away in the kitchen







I am thankful for such a warm and bright family...
The Cook

and these pies...


 The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind. 
I went to the Backyard Brawl but am ashamed to say what the score was. 
Lets just say it is too embarrassing to mention...but at least we left optimistic


Hail PITT

True Blue Fans
Da burg
Love those Tailgaiters
Nonetheless, it was a 'Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Mr. Rogers was a Dasha childhood favorite and a son of Pittsburgh
When it came to children Fred was a safe pair of hands, and I find this a beautiful tribute



I went almost directly from the good hands of Fred to the good hands of my high school friends on Friday night.
I had fun at the Warehouse & I sure miss you guys


And then there was the high school reunion on Saturday. 
The most classic line of the evening: "I like your shirt"
Only thing is, I wore a dress...
good times, good times
Bestie since grade school
 Ah yes, the old Porch Wave
This is a picture that both breaks my heart and warms my heart. 
See you soon Mom and Dad.
Bye Dad, see you in a few weeks

4 comments:

  1. Aw looks like a good time had by all. I'm still waiting on my invitation to the compound. But I fear the burg will never be the same after my visit! Myron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody is the same after meeting you Myron, but always a change for the better. 2011 is the year you visit the Hays Compound and are rightfully introduced to da Burg. Thats a promise. X!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph-this entry truly shows why you are the lovely and warm person you are - besties, the burg, and appreciation for those small moments of joy that make a rich life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post makes me miss even more the big family gatherings we had back in the day.

    It's such a shame we all live so far apart. So happy for you sharing life through your blog.

    ReplyDelete