Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Well its been a very eventful weekend to say the least.
Friday, our bar stools were delivered. I love them. They are fun and comfortable and finally, the cook can be entertained from the onlookers at the counter, just like at my Moms.
Yeehaw! New Counter Stools!
 So Yahtzee entertained me from Barstool #2 as I cooked Sunday Supper - Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
Piggy Hat is Back


We started our party preparations and much of the weekend was dedicated to running errands and hanging "stuff".
Yo! St. Nikolaus
Disco Balls




















I think Yahtzee strategically placed the mistletoe this year at the kitchen entrance so he can steal more kisses from me. For two people who don't cook much, we spent an awful lot of time in the kitchen this weekend ;-)
If you like our Christmas tree you can thank my husband who insisted we get one despite my protest (it was so sad last year to put the tree to the curb BEFORE christmas because of travel but we did, eventually, have a taker). We went to the Astor Square Christmas tree market at 2nd Ave and 10th to find the "boy" - as Yahtzee and Bob, the tree expert, so adorably put it.
The Keeper


Abbey Road XMAS Strut

Of course, you can win any argument with a Hot Toddy and a nice fireplace at Shoolbreds.
Made to Order Toddy's
Saturday night we joined my Superhero friend Silvestro for his birthday celebration. 
We went to Korea Town and ate some good Korean BBQ. 


Venerio's Tiramisu cake
We then hit a nearby karaoke joint and got a private room where we did several hours of singing.
I did not know that Yahtzee was such a karaoke fan but he actually DID sing several songs.
Were we any good...not necessarily.
Did we have fun...LOADS!
Highlight still was Silvestro rapping "its my birthday" - a classic.

This morning we headed to our friends in the hood on 13th Street for a festive St. Nikolaus Brunch. We were greeted by Mr. and Mrs. G and served the most wonderful food  - and met quite a few nice people too.  A very festive event for sure.
Thanks for the invite, be sure to tell Santa what a nice girl Dasha was this year.
Mrs G dancing it out
And we topped off the night with a win from the Pittsburgh Steelers. I bit off all my fingernails so my guitar playing should also improve now.

I hope you all have a great week ahead. 

2 comments:

  1. You guys have all the fun and Pittsburgh wins too. Stay happy. the tallboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jt sang! Maybe it was all of the Hays inspiration he got last week! I'm anxiously awaiting looking on from the new bar stools as you whip up a little something in the kitchen...See you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete