Sunday, February 6, 2011

Buzz

We miss you Buzz: Jan 25, 1922 - Jan 27, 2011


Let me tell you about Buzz.  

Buzz was a good soul. He loved his family, friends - and would do anything for a laugh. Oh God, was he funny, always with his sarcastic comments...as he liked to say - he was just perfect! 

As a kid, I really looked forward to the visits with Buzz and Bambi. The two of them would come up from Florida in there delux luxury caddy's and spend a month or so with us in Pittsburgh. Buzz would do so much with us kids - play cards, watch TV shows, sit on the porch and shoot the breeze, go to our events, go to "the base" - whatever it was, we always got the sense the Buzz truly enjoyed spending the time with us. And we certainly did with him. And as an adult, I was able to make visits myself to see Buzz and Bambi in Florida. We would listen to music, drink a few beers, go to one of Buzzy's favorite restaurants and just sit and chat. And NEVER a dull moment where he was concerned for sure.  

What can I say, Buzzy was a ray of warmth, even when in chilly Pittsburgh, and he will be sorely missed. 

Buzzy, thank you for being our Uncle, our Grandfather, our friend. You mean so much to us Buzzy and we love you. Your warmth and positive spirit will always live on. 


1 comment:

  1. I have just now brought myself to read this tonight. Many of my friends were sorry to hear the news of his passing, he did know how to leave quite an impression on people. Always smiling and laughing about something, as well as a good story teller. I will miss hearing him call me Johanna Hanna Danna in his rough loud voice, followed by a hahaha...

    ReplyDelete