Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shhh. Quiet. Listen.


its 6 am...and this is beginning to be a theme here in costa rica.
I have been laying in bed for past hour listening to the rain fall, the birds chirping, i swear i can even hear the clouds as they roll on by.  I've now pulled up a chair for a front row seat onto this action here in the rainforest so I can take it all in. Its simply lovely. It really allows me to get lost in my thoughts.

Our guide in the cloud forest yesterday, Charlie, would have us take a moment from time to time to "listen" to the sounds of the forest - for monkeys moving tree to tree, birds chirping - and to look around, "there are eyes everywhere" he would say.
Charlie, on life in the forest & elsewhere
I liked these moments and think it as also good advice for life in general, including the concrete jungle I call home.  Also good advice would have been not to wear a skirt into the rain forest, i have skeeter bites everywhere & including my face.

We saw a wonderful little waterfall in the jungle too, with every turn here along the continental divide is something beautiful and wondrous.


There is even beauty to behold in these little ladies…

Man Eater
though i have to admit, i did a little "andele arriba" action after seeing her!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment