Monday, November 28, 2011

The best part of waking up.

seedlings
Its early again, & this seems to be a theme several days running. Except I am back home, no more lying in bed listening to the sounds of the rain forest, just those of the concrete jungle.

I am thinking about my vacation and actually one of my favorite parts – visiting a coffee plantation Don Juan.

Here, we learned what a labor of love it is to get the perfect beans from seed to cup – so that we wake up every morning with a hug in a mug at our Urban Disco.


Yahtzee was fast bean picker


separating skin from bean


part of drying process
all roasted and ready to ship
I have even MUCHOIER muchos grande appreciation for my morning Joe. AND I may just be encouraged enough to splurge on my ninth street espresso beans again, despite my little picketing efforts after the prices of beans rose 15%!
we met the man himself -
Don Juan is 76 amos with 9 bambinos (& just 1 seniorita!)

Until next time Costa Rica!
 

2 comments: